Residents, businesses and developers interested in new construction or improvement to their property must complete the necessary permits from the City of North St. Paul.
Apply for a Building Permit
Applying for a business license from the City of North St. Paul is easy and secure.
- Create a user account on our Citizen Services Platform
- Complete the appropriate license for your business
- Easily upload Workers' Compensation Insurance documents and other required information.
- City staff will review your application and let you know if any other information is needed.
Online Payment and Documents
- Once approved, you will receive a link via email to pay for your license fees online with a credit card (processing charges apply)
- If you prefer, you can mail your payment to the City of North St. Paul at 2400 Margaret St. North St. Paul, MN 55109. Be sure to reference your license document number
- Once your payment is processed, you will receive an email with access to your digital license
- All of your applications, receipts and license documents will be stored in your personal portal for easy access.