- Permits & Licenses
- Business Licenses
- Peddler/Solicitor Sales
Any profit or non-profit agency conducting sales in the City of North St. Paul must obtain a Merchant Solicitor Sales license.
Important information about soliciting in North St. Paul:
- The City of North St. Paul requires criminal background checks on the business owner applying for a Peddler Solicitor Sales License. The criminal background check is a mandatory part of the licensing process.
- Licensed solicitors may operate in the City of North St. Paul from 9:00 a.m. to sunset only.
- All licensed solicitors are required to carry a City-issued license and identification card when soliciting door to door.
- Solicitors are not allowed to enter a property with a posted "No Solicitation" or similar sign or use aggressive sales tactics.
- Any person gaining entrance to a residence shall immediately depart from the premises without disturbing the occupant further when requested to leave.
- No licensee shall have exclusive right to any location
- Licenses are non-transferable
Chapter 119 of the Municipal Code
- $100 per company
- $75 per employee
- Applicant information: Name, address, and phone number, and a physical description of the applicant (hair color, eye color, height, weight, distinguishing marks and features, and the like).
- Business information: Owner name, business name and address and description of business activities.
- Vehicle information: Make, model, year, license plate number and state of issue.
- Minnesota Tax Identification Number or Social Security Number.
- Certificate of compliance Minnesota Workers' Compensation Law.
- Certificate of liability insurance providing $2,000,000 accident/person and property damage.