Animal Control / Community Service Officer

In-Progress Complaints

For in-progress animal related complaints needing immediate police / animal control response, please call 651-747-2535 or 651-747-2406 during the hours from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. 

You may also contact Ramsey County Dispatch at  651-747-2507 24-hours a day.

Non-Emergency Concerns

For all non-emergency animal related questions, or on-going animal related concerns please call

North St. Paul Animal Control / Community Service Officer

This is a non-sworn uniformed position responsible for assisting the department in day-to-day service functions. One of the main duties of this position is performing animal control functions for the City. In addition to animal control, officers assist the police officers with:

  • Handling domestic animal control (animals running at large, barking dog complaints, animal bites, etc.
  • Aiding Motorists
  • Vehicle Lockouts
  • Traffic Control
  • Completing Police Reports
  • Giving Station Tours
  • Park Patrol