The City of North St. Paul has a Rental Dwelling Unit Registration Ordinance Chapter 155 Sections 155.01-155.99. The purpose of this ordinance is to protect the public health, safety and general welfare of the rental population of the City. Below are documents outlining the items the Fire Inspector will be checking for during the inspection. It is recommended that you go over these materials and walk through the property prior to the inspection.
Please Note: It is the responsibility of the property owner to make sure there is someone present at the property for the inspection. If you have questions regarding North St. Paul's Rental Registration Program, please contact the Fire Department.
The following Inspection Check List is a summary of the items the City of North St. Paul will be checking during the inspection. Please review your rental units prior to the inspection, doing so could potentially save you from costly re-insertions.
Inspection Check List (PDF)
- Back Flow Test Report Application (PDF)
- Carbon Monoxide Detector (PDF)
- Egress Window Diagram (PDF)
- Escape Windows Information (PDF)
- Heating Standards Information (PDF)
- Heating Standards Test Application (PDF) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Multi Family Fire Protection System (PDF)
- Multi Family Rental License Application (PDF)
- Multi Family Smoke Alarm Information (PDF)
- Social Security Tax ID Application (PDF)
- Tenant Content to Inspect Form (PDF) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>