City of North St. Paul 2022 Election
In the 2022 election residents of North St. Paul will be voting for the following open positions:
- Council Member (2 open seats)
- Mayor (1 open seat)
Persons wishing to run for City Council and/or Mayor must be
- An eligible voter
- At least 21 years of age upon assuming office
- A resident of North St. Paul for at least 30 days prior to the general election
- Must not have filed for any other office at this election
- City council elections are non-partisan and candidates run for their seat "at large".
- There is no City primary election
- Names of all candidates filing by the posted deadline will appear on the November election ballot
Filing for Office
- Individuals who wish to be on the ballot must file an Affidavit of Candidacy during North St. Paul's filing period
- Filling for the 2022 election is from August 2 through August 16, 2022
- Application packets will be available at City Hall, or at Ramsey County Elections.
- The North St. Paul City Hall is located at 2400 Margaret Street and will be open for filing Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- On August 16, candidates may file from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The final date to withdraw from the election is August 18 at 4:00 p.m.
- The Ramsey County Elections office is located at 90 West Plato Blvd. Suite 160 in St. Paul and will be open for filing Monday through Friday from 8:00 am. to 5:00 p.m.
- A filing fee or petition in place of a filing fee must be paid with the affidavit of candidacy
- The filing fee for Mayor is $5
- The filing fee for City Council is $5
View a list of the candidates who have filed for the 2022 election here.
Candidates may withdraw from the ballot by filing an affidavit of withdrawal at any time during the filing period and through August 18 by 4:30 p.m. Filing fees are not refundable.
For more information about the filing process, contact
- Ramsey County Elections at email@example.com or at 651-266-2171
- North St. Paul Elections Office at 651-747-2408