Comprehensive Plan 2040
Join us for Community Conversation North St. Paul is updating its Comprehensive Plan for the next 20 years – and we need your help!
How can I get involved?
Join us at a Community Café! You will be receiving information in the mail about these friendly,
collaborative forums to discuss topics that are important to you. We will be asking questions like
why do you love living here? What would you change about the City? What types of housing does
the City need more of? And how can we improve your quality of life here?
Summary of the Community Cafes (PDF)A comprehensive plan (or “Comp Plan”) sets the vision for what the City wants to be in the future and lays out actions to get there. North St. Paul’s Comp Plan will:
What is a Comprehensive Plan?
- Create and sustains elements that define the City’s character, heritage and identity
- Influence the economic health of the community by attracting new investment and guiding it to proper locations
- Protect existing investments through the promotion of strong residential neighborhoods and business districts
- Encompass the hope and vision you have for your City
- How can I get involved?
The next steps in the process include:
- Public Hearing at the May 3rd Planning Commission Meeting
- City Council approval for adjacent community review (6 months)
- Submittal to Metropolitan Council
- Revisions per Metropolitan Council comments (if necessary)
- City Adoption