Silver Lake Park is located on the south end of Silver Lake on land originally purchased by Captain Henry Castle in 1872. It is a regional destination park with a very attractive feature for many on a warm summer days - a swimming beach.
Lifeguards on Duty
Red Cross Certified Lifeguards are on duty daily from Saturday, June 16 through Sunday, August 19 from 12:00-7:00 pm.
Silver Lake is also a popular fishing spot with an accessible fishing pier, sponsored by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. Two lake improvement projects within the Park help provide native landscapes that help improve water quality and enhance the overall appearance of the Park for visitors.
Playground and Other Amenities
The 6-acre Park features a large playground area, tennis court, sand volleyball court, restroom and shower facility, walking path and a new open-air shelter, constructed in 2015.