Final work restoration begins April 30, 2020 in project area: Lake Boulevard, Swan, Poplar, Park Row, 20th, 19th
May 8, 2020 Work Completed (All Project Areas)
• Bituminous wedge removed along curb in preparation of replacing damaged concrete curb, driveways and sidewalks.
• Silver Lake Trail paving completed
• Contractor has relocated some signs and has installed posts for sign replacement or new signs
• All Rain gardens, plants & most tree plantings are complete
Work Scheduled Week of May 11, 2020 (All Project Areas)
• Concrete replacement work to begin
Work Scheduled Week of May 18, 2020
• Final turf restoration to begin the week of May 18th
• Repair bituminous base course pavement in preparation for final lift of pavement
Work Scheduled Week of May 26, 2020
• Final bituminous wear course scheduled
Final cleanup scheduled to begin the week of June 1st
Just a friendly sod care tip reminder: Any sod placed last year should not be mowed shorter than 3-inches through the first full growing season.
Map of Project
2018 Utility Improvement Project
The 2014-2020 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for the City of North St. Paul, adopted by the City Council on July 16, 2013, includes an identified project area for street and utility capital improvements in 2018.
The project streets included in the project are:
Lake Boulevard, East Poplar Avenue, Swan Avenue, 19th Avenue, 20th Avenue, and Park Row.
The project will improve aging infrastructure in the project area, including upgrades to city sanitary sewer and watermain utilities in 2018. Roadway improvements are planned for construction and completion in 2019. New gas mains and gas services are currently being worked on by Xcel Energy and are anticipated to be completed this summer. Storm sewer upgrades and associated drainage improvements included in the city project will also help improve the water quality of Silver Lake by removing nutrients and sand and sediment from upstream areas, before they are discharged and deposited into the lake.
Notice of Award - 2018 Street and Utility Improvement Project - S.A.D. 18-01
The City of North St. Paul awarded the 2018 Street and Utility Improvement Project S.A.D.18-01 contract to Northdale Construction Company, Inc. at the July 3, 2018 City Council meeting.