2018/2019 Street & Utility Improvement Project
Final work restoration begins April 30, 2020 in project area: Lake Boulevard, Swan, Poplar, Park Row, 20th, 19th
Work Summary - July 1, 2020
Crews will complete the pavement marking for the parking bays on 19th Ave. and Park Row on Thursday, July 2 at 8:00 a.m. The parking bays will be open for use on Friday, July 3.
The crosswalks on 19th Ave and Lake Blvd. will be completed on July 2.
Work Summary - June 22, 2020
(All Project Areas)
- Friendly reminder. If you live on Lake Boulevard, Swan, Poplar, Park Row, 20th Ave., or 19th Ave— please have your vehicles off the street by 7:00 a.m. Monday morning.
The Wear Course is scheduled to begin Monday June 22 and ending on Wednesday June 24—depending on the weather. Please have your vehicles off the street by 7:00 a.m. each day.
On street parking may resume after 7:00 p.m. each day. Thanks for ensuring your vehicles are moved by 7:00 a.m. the next morning until the work is completed.Crews paving Lake Blvd. on Monday, June 22, 2020.
Work Summary - June 16, 2020
(All Project Areas)
- All remaining concrete work will be completed today
- Raising manhole and gate valve castings to finished wear course elevation scheduled to begin on Wednesday, June 17
- Final restoration to begin Thursday, June 18
- Final wear course scheduled to begin on Monday, June 22nd and ending on Wednesday, June 24
- Pavement markings to begin on Tuesday, June 30
- Punch-list, and project cleanup to begin on Wednesday, July 1
|2018 Utility Improvement Project|
The 2014-2020 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for the City of North St. Paul, adopted by the City Council on July 16, 2013, includes an identified project area for street and utility capital improvements in 2018.
The project streets included in the project are:
Lake Boulevard, East Poplar Avenue, Swan Avenue, 19th Avenue, 20th Avenue, and Park Row.
The project will improve aging infrastructure in the project area, including upgrades to city sanitary sewer and watermain utilities in 2018. Roadway improvements are planned for construction and completion in 2019. New gas mains and gas services are currently being worked on by Xcel Energy and are anticipated to be completed this summer. Storm sewer upgrades and associated drainage improvements included in the city project will also help improve the water quality of Silver Lake by removing nutrients and sand and sediment from upstream areas, before they are discharged and deposited into the lake.
Notice of Award - 2018 Street and Utility Improvement Project - S.A.D. 18-01
The City of North St. Paul awarded the 2018 Street and Utility Improvement Project S.A.D.18-01 contract to Northdale Construction Company, Inc. at the July 3, 2018 City Council meeting.