McKnight Improvement Project
On September 17, 2019 the City Council authorized the advertisement for bids for the CSAH 68 (McKnight Road) Intersection Improvements (City Project No. C.P. 19-02; S.A.P. 151-020-033 / 151-268-001 / 062-668-057). Improvements proposed as part of the project include the following:
Bituminous paving, signal construction, signing, storm water management, utility construction, and construction of Anchor Drive.
The Mayor and City Manager authorized and directed to enter into a construction contract with Rachel Contracting, LLC in the name of the City of North St. Paul for the improvement of the CSAH 68 (McKnight Road) Intersection Improvements (City Project No. C.P. 19-02; S.A.P. 151-020-033 / 151-268-001 / 062-668-057) in the amount of $2,185,876.70.
McKnight Road construction
The city of North St. Paul is constructing a new intersection on McKnight Road for Anchor Drive, located between South Avenue and Highway 36.
Road Closure Notice for Monday, June 29
McKnight Road will be closed to all traffic Monday, June 29 from 7:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. from County Road B to Hwy 36 for sewer installation work.
Anticipated Work Scheduled for the week of June 29- July 2
- Storm sewer install across McKnight will take place on Monday night
- Grading of the roadway to take place most of the week
- Curb and Gutter to take place middle of next week
Anticipated Work Scheduled for the week of July 6 – July 10
- Paving of west side of McKnight and Castle Avenue
- Signal work will continue
- Grading for walks and trails
- Schedule will be weather dependent of planned work
Anticipated Work Scheduled for the week of July 13 - July 17
- Signal work will continue on McKnight Ave.
Temporary four-way stop at McKnight Road and Holloway
Beginning Monday, Aug. 3, the traffic signal at the McKnight Road and Holloway Avenue intersection will be a temporary four-way stop for approximately one week.
A new, smooth layer of pavement will be added to the road in mid-August, and it will be re-striped as a three-lane road.
Work Summary for the week of August 10 – August 14
- Signal work continued on McKnight
- Median grading took place
- Rest of storm sewer installed on McKnight and Castle Avenue
Anticipated Work Scheduled for the week of August 17 – August 21
- Curb to be installed on Medians of McKnight
- Restoration behind curb lines
- Schedule will be weather dependent of planned work and closures.
Work Summary for the week of August 24 – August 28
- Median concrete poured
- ADA Ramps concrete poured
- Patching in front of curb on McKnight
- Trail Grading on Anchor drive took place
- Signal work continued
Anticipated Work Scheduled for the week of August 31 – September 4
- Restoration behind curb lines
- Topsoil entire project
- Seeding on entire project to take place
- Schedule will be weather dependent of planned work and closures
Work Summary for the week of August 31-September 4
- Restoration behind curb lines completed
- Topsoil work along Anchor Drive started
- Gas line installed on the north side of Anchor Drive.
Anticipated Work Schedule for the week of September 8-11
Milling of Castle Ave. and 3rd St. to take place beginning at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 8
- Milling of McKnight Road to start at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday night.
- Paving of Anchor Drive, 3rd St. and Castle Ave. begins at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday
- Paving of McKnight Road begins at 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, September 9.
- Permanent signing installed on Tuesday
- Finish grading of the sidewalk gravel along Anchor Drive.
- Signal installed and functioning on Thursday September 10
Connect with us
To stay up to date, and get the latest information, join the project email list. email@example.com
City Construction Representative:
Morgan Dawley, City Engineer:
Public Works After Hours Hotline: (water, sewer, electric outages)
In case of an emergency call 911