Energy Saving Programs
Appliance Electricity Use
Is your freezer costing you more than it’s worth? Check out an appliance meter from the City of North St. Paul. The Kill-a-Watt EZ Meter monitors the amount of electricity an individual appliance uses and calculates how much it costs you to operate it for a day, a week or a year.
The meter is easy to use, connect and read. You can check out a monitor for 2-weeks to see measure your appliance efficiency. A $35 deposit is required. Call 651-747-2413 to reserve your monitor.
Clean Energy Choice
The City of North St. Paul offers an affordable, low-cost way for our commercial and residential customers to support renewable energy through Clean Energy Choice. North St. Paul Electric Utility customers may opt to receive 50%, 75% or 100% of their electricity from renewable sources. This is in addition to the 20% renewable energy provided to all Minnesota Municipal Power Agency customers as required by Minnesota Law.
Clean Energy Choice Program Benefits
- Inexpensive—For only an extra $3 a month, 100% of your electricity can be sourced from renewable energy. Alternatively, for an extra $1 a month, 50% of your electricity can be sourced from renewable energy, or for an extra $2 a month, 75% of your electricity can be sourced from renewable energy.
- Monthly fixed cost and not dependent on energy use
- Easy online sign up cleanenergychoice.com/north-st-paul/
- Monthly subscription you can cancel at any time.
- Questions? Contact the City of North St. Paul at 651-747-2428.
Energy Smart is a Minnesota Chamber of Commerce program that helps local businesses save money through energy efficiency programs and rebates.
All Energy Smart services are available at no cost to businesses in Minnesota. Services include:
- Site visits to identify energy-saving opportunities
- Phone consultations
- Financial incentive and utility program information
- Energy Star building benchmarking assistance
To find out more about this program visit Energy Smart Minnesota at mnchamber.com/your-opportunity/energy-smart
Contact Utility Billing Coordinator Barb Huelsman by email or at 651-747-2428