Park Rental Policy
Facilities and Rates
- Casey Lake Park Building
- Indoor pavilion space as well as outdoor patio with picnic tables included with the reservation
- Kitchen equipped with fridge, sink and microwave
- Searing for 95 | maximum capacity 215
- Reservations with 150+ people in attendance that serve alcohol adhere to the police security policy
- Hause Park Building – outdoor shelter included with rental
- Indoor pavilion space as well as open-air shelter included with the reservation
- Kitchen equipped with fridge, sink and microwave
- Seating for 30 | maximum capacity 49
- Colby Hills
- Port-a-potty available May- September
- Silver Lake
- Park restroom building available
- Port-a potty available May-September
Any person or group wishing to reserve a North St. Paul park facility must complete a rental application online at https://northstpaul.org/1049/Park-Rentals and pay the appropriate fee and damage deposit to the City of North St. Paul. Payments can be made online, or by cash or check at the North St. Paul City Hall located at 2400 Margaret Street, North St. Paul, MN 55109. Staff uses reasonable judgment when accommodating rental requests.
One 1/2 hour tour is allowed per reservation. Additional facility tours will be assessed a $50 per visit fee. Tours are during normal business hours when the facility is available.
City residents shall have first priority to rent facilities. Resident registration will start on December 1 at 8 a.m. for the following year; non-resident registration will begin a month later on January 2 at 8:00 a.m. If the first day of registration falls on a day City Offices are closed, registration will start the next business day.
- Only one reservation will be accepted each day for each facility.
- The City shall have first priority for use for all governmental activities, including maintenance.
Damage deposits must be paid with your reservation. Deposits are refunded within 2-4 weeks after the rental upon the return of the key and inspection of the building. All refunds are paid by a check made payable and mailed to the applicant on the reservation. See the section on Renter Responsibilities on how your deposit may be impacted.
Casey Lake. Key codes for the Casey Lake pavilion will be posted in the applicant’s online Park & Recreation account and emailed to the account holder 1 week prior to the rental. It is the renter’s responsibility to follow up with City staff during normal business hours for the key code, if necessary. If the renter needs to call after-hours or weekend staff for access, a charge of $150 will be incurred. This fee is based on the on-call staff member coming out to open the building for the rental.
Hause Park. Building keys for the Hause Park pavilion must be picked up from City Hall the business day prior to your rental. Keys must be returned the next day to City Hall or its after-hours drop box. Failure to return the key will result in the loss of the entire damage deposit or the cost to replace the lockset, whichever is greater. Failure to pick up the key resulting in an after-hours or weekend staff call will result in loss of deposit. This fee is based on the on-call staff member coming out to open the building for the rental.
Refunds and Cancellations
If the applicant cancels their rental within 13 days from the date of their reservation, they will forfeit their rental fees. All canceled reservations are subject to a $25 administrative fee for cancellations. Weather-related refunds are only issued when North St. Paul schools, places of worship, and/or local businesses are closed by snow, ice or other severe weather conditions for the entire day or at the discretion of the City Manager. Weather-related closures can be found on WCCO, KARE11, KSTP, and
KMSP Fox 9.
Reservations with 150+ persons in attendance that plan to consume alcohol must reserve the facility at least six weeks in advance of their reservation and will be required to hire an off-duty North St. Paul Police Officer or Reserve Officer at the overtime Patrol Officer rate as listed in the fee schedule at a three-hour minimum. The City, in its discretion, may waive the police presence requirement based on a review of the applicant submittal.
Rentals will be approved, denied, or revoked at the sole discretion of the City Manager. The City will not deny or revoke rental on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or status with regard to public assistance. The City will not deny or revoke rental on the basis of content or viewpoint, except to the extent allowed by law. The City may deny or revoke rental on any other reasonable basis, including, but not limited to, previous rental by the same group or individual which resulted in damage, disruptive behavior, or violation of law. Approving a rental is not an endorsement by the City of that individual’s or group’s views.
- Reservations are valid for park hours 7 a.m. – 11 p.m. only.
- All reservations must be cleaned up and out of the park building by 11:00 p.m. or they will
automatically forfeit their deposit.
- The renter is required to stack and rack all tables and chairs, and remove personal equipment at the
conclusion of the rental.
- Renter is responsible for cleaning the kitchen and all areas utilized, including wiping off tables & chairs, sweeping, taking care of spills, spot-mopping floors, placing garbage and recyclables in appropriate bins and removing all decorations, personal equipment, etc.
- The facility is expected to be left in the same condition the renter found it.
- The City of North St. Paul is not responsible for any equipment or other items left at Park Facilities at any time. Place all trash and recycling receptacles near the main entrance.
- The renter will be held responsible and billed for any unnecessary clean-up, losses or damages above and beyond your deposit as well as be subject to loss of rental privileges. This includes, but is not limited to bio-hazard clean-up when necessary.
FACILITY USAGE SPECIFICATIONS
Fees and rental specifications will be periodically reviewed by the Parks and Recreation Commission and staff to ensure the policy is adequately meeting the needs of the community and City. City Staff may use their discretion on questions or concerns not specifically laid out in this document.
Per City Ordinance, alcohol shall not be consumed after 9:00 p.m. No glass containers please.
All decorations must be put up and taken down without damaging walls, woodwork, floors, ceilings, or blinds. Prohibited items: Nails, tape, tacks, staples, 3M command strips and screws. Glitter and confetti are also prohibited. Do not hang decorations from the sprinkler heads or ceiling fans. White mounting putty is permissible but must be completely removed after use. With the exception of food warmers (sternos) no open flame devices are allowed, which includes candles, hurricane lamps, lanterns, etc. The renter must remove all decorations before leaving the space by 11 pm.
Food Trucks and Food Vendors
Up to two food trucks are allowed per reservation. All food vendors and food trucks must have a current
City vendor license on file. A list of current vendors is available from the Community Development
Department. At Casey Lake Park, food trucks may be parked on the sidewalk in between the Pavilion and
neighboring smaller building and in the motorcycle parking space with the serving window facing the
sidewalk only. At Hause Park, food trucks may be parked on the street with the serving window facing
the park. Food trucks must not block access to buildings.
Unless it is a City-sponsored event, inflatables/moon bounces are not allowed.
Sale of alcohol or special events that are open to the public will require a special event permit and corresponding insurance and may require a MN Department of Health license if applicable (proof of license must be provided).
Only 10’ X 10’ pop-up tents are allowed. Up to two tents may be permitted per reservation. Tents must be secured with sand bags or weights. Staking tents into the ground is not allowed.
Premises are under video surveillance. Compliance with rental terms may be enforced through review of video surveillance.
Not all prohibited items are listed. Please call City Hall with questions.
- Animals. Pets are not allowed in enclosed park shelters; service dogs are welcome.
- Dance Wax. Dance wax or any other types of dancing compounds are not allowed.
- Decorations. Nails, tape, tacks, staples, 3M command strips and screws. Glitter and confetti are also prohibited.
- Fireworks. No fireworks may be discharged on City-owned property including parks, ball fields,
parking lots or other similar properties owned by the City of North St. Paul.
- Flames. No open flame devices are allowed, which includes candles, hurricane lamps, lanterns, etc.
- Smoking/Tobacco/Cannabis. Smoking, e-cigarettes and the use of tobacco and cannabis products is
strictly prohibited in North St. Paul parks and in all park facilities.
- Water Balloons. Water balloons are prohibited in city parks
Fees and rental specifications will be periodically reviewed by the Parks and Recreation Commission and staff to ensure the policy is adequately meeting the needs of the community and City.