The City of North St. Paul requires certain businesses to obtain an annual license from the City. Depending on the type of licenses they either expire on December 31 or June 30 of each year.
Apply for a Business License
Applying for a business license from the City of North St. Paul is easy and secure.
- Create a user account on our Citizen Services Platform
- Complete the appropriate license for your business
- Easily upload Workers' Compensation Insurance documents and other required information.
- City staff will review your application and let you know if any other information is needed.
Online Payment and Documents
- Once approved, you will receive a link via email to pay for your license fees online with a credit card or e-check (processing charges apply)
- If you prefer, you can mail your payment to the City of North St. Paul at 2400 Margaret St. North St. Paul, MN 55109. Be sure to reference your license document number
- Once your payment is processed, you will receive an email with access to your digital license
- All of your applications, receipts, and license documents will be stored in your personal portal for easy access.
Business Licenses Issued by the City of North St. Paul
- Body Art Enterprise
- Cigarette and Tobacco Sales
- Courtesy Bench
- Gasoline Distribution
- Massage Enterprise
- Massage or Body Art Practitioner
- Pawn Shop
- Peddler Solicitor Sales
- Vendor License Special Event