The City of North St. Paul requires certain contractors to obtain an annual license from the City. Contractor licenses expire on December 31 of each year.
Apply for a Contractor License
Applying for a contractor license from the City of North St. Paul is easy and secure.
- Create a user account on our Citizen Services Platform
- Complete the appropriate license for your business
- Easily upload Workers' Compensation Insurance document and other required information.
- City staff will review your application and let you know if any other information is needed.
Online Payment and Documents
- Once approved, you will receive a link via email to pay for your license fees online with a credit card or e-check (processing charges apply)
- If you prefer, you can mail your payment to the City of North St. Paul at 2400 Margaret St. North St. Paul, MN 55109. Be sure to reference your license document number
- Once your payment is processed, you will receive an email with access to your digital license
- All of your applications, receipts and license documents will be stored in your personal portal for your easy access.
Contractor Licenses Issued by the City of North St. Paul
- Dumpster Hauler $220 fee
- Garbage Refuse Collection (Commercial) $220 fee
- General Contractor $80 fee
- Lawn Fertilizer Applicator $110 fee
- Mechanical Contractor $70
- Right-of-Way Registration $220 fee
- Tree Trimmer $70 fee
- Trenching $60 fee