Rental Housing Licenses
The City of North St. Paul requires all single family, duplex and multi-family rental housing to obtain an annual license from the City.
Apply for a Rental Housing License
Applying for a rental housing license from the City of North St. Paul is easy and secure.
- Create a user account on our Citizen Services Platform
- Complete the appropriate license for your rental situation
- Easily upload Workers' Compensation Insurance document and other required information.
- City staff will review your application and let you know if any other information is needed.
Online Payment and Documents
- Once approved, you will receive a link via email to pay for your license fees online with a credit card or e-check (processing charges apply)
- If you prefer, you can mail your payment to the City of North St. Paul at 2400 Margaret St. North St. Paul, MN 55109. Be sure to reference your license document number
- Once your payment is processed, you will receive an email with access to your digital license
- All of your applications, receipts and license documents will be stored in your personal portal for your easy access.
Rental Housing Licenses Issued by the City of North St. Paul
Rental Housing Related Documents
- Rental property change of ownership
- Tenant consent to inspect
- Backflow Preventer Test Report
- Learn more about Backflow Devices
Important Notice: Rental Agent Required
See code section 155.01 (c) for complete details.